Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Friends

I am so lucky to have close friends around me.
I'm grateful for one friend in particular right now.  My dear friend Nicole.
We spent a WHOLE summer a few years old working at at Fishing Lodge in Last Chance, ID. 
Yes, that is a real place, I'm not making that up.
We did EVERYTHING together and documented most of it. . . this was back before I had a digital camera.  Weird. 
We did stuff like this:









Nicole may be the only one laughing at these memories that I'm posting. . . or she may want to kill me for posting a picture of us lounging around eating oreos in bed, while watching Ice Age.  ha ha ha! 
Either way, I'm so thankful that I got to know her so well and that we have kept in touch.
What a beautiful place to spend a summer, eh?!
I'm going somewhere with all my flashbacks I promise!  ;-)
I'm not one to "step out of the box" by myself. . . I most of the time have to be nudged. . . well, actually shoved.  ha ha ha!  And Nicole did just that recently.  She is starting a cute little etsy.com craft boutique and asked me to make a logo for her to use on the site.  YIKES. . .it made me really nervous. 
I'm not artsy like that.  But I gave it a try . . . only because my good friend thought I could do it. 
AND, I ended up having so much fun and getting really addicted to it!!
So. . THANK YOU NICOLE!!  Love you!
Here is what I came up with:








Extra long post this time. . . but I'm excited. . . can you tell?!  ha ha ha!

3 comments:

Mace, McKenzie and Stein said...

good job jen! can't wait til I have something I need you to do for me:)

Nate and Nicole said...

Bahahahahahhahahaaaaaaa! The dock!!! Oh I love that picture!!!! Oh my gosh. I need to find my little photo album with all those pictures in it. So freaking funny. Oh man! Good ol' Last Chance, Idaho. And Grub Steak. Hmmm... I wonder how many diseases we picked up from eating at that place?!
I LOVE IT ALL!!!!!!!!!

(You should put down on your blog that also do blog headers. You are too talented to not showcase all your brainy ideas!!!)

Heather said...

You are doing a great job!

Post a Comment